Friday 27 January 2023

Mozart and his birthday

Today is a seminal date for music and music lovers. Because it is of course the birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Incidentally my favourite composer. I celebrate listening to his music, I mean more than usual, particularly his operas, because it is how I truly discovered Mozart and this is how his music found a way to my heart. I also read books about him, fiction or biographies, or simply essays. On the reading this list, starting today is Mozart and his Operas by David Cairns, a present from my wife. But there are others I will reread. I might do like last year and spend a lot of time on social media today, exchanging reading suggestions about Amadeus. I would not end my post on Mozart without one aria to share. This year, it is from Cosi fan tutte,sung by Elsa Dreisig. I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy birthday, Other Wolfie!