Thursday 19 January 2023

Afternoon Tea

 It has been freezing cold outside this week. To cope with it and because insulation in this country is close to non existent, I have decided to take a few drastic measures. Among them, my tea intake has increased exponentially. It usually does on cold days, especially when I'm at work. I have enough stocks for now. Thankfully, among the things I received in the Christmas gift box my employer sent me was afternoon tea. Only ten bags, but that is quite useful when it gets later in the day and you want to warm yourself up, but with less caffeine. So you can sleep at night.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Ah yes, the wonders of British building standards. I've lived here nearly twenty years and the notion of winterising homes and businesses doesn't seem to mean much. And of course, now utilities are so expensive adding insult to injury. I still remember what a shock to the system my first winter here was! Thankfully the house we are in now is better than average but I'd hate to see a Canadian type winter hit the island.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wear three sweaters too.