Thursday 12 January 2023

About empty trains

This picture was taken by my brother PJ when he took the train to visit my brother Andrew. I often forget that there are trains in Québec. And I don't know if it was because it was the time of day, the time of year or because railway travels are not very popular, but the train was practically empty. Which from what I understand was heavenly. I don't think I have ever been in an empty train, although I have been in almost empty ones, particularly when I was going from Liverpool to where my fiancée lived, traveling by night. If it does get a bit eerie sometimes, it is also relaxing. I might have to travel by train this month, most likely they will be crammed.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There has long been talk in Alberta of putting in a bullet train between Edmonton and Calgary, but the fact is that there would not be enough ridership to make the expense of building it financially viable.

PJ said...

C'était le temps de l'année et la direction, les trains de banlieue sont assez populaires les jours de semaine aux heures de pointe, vers la ville le matin, vers la banlieue le soir. Je faisais l'inverse, une journée presque fériée. Si t'as un char, normalement tu le prends, c'est plus vite, mais plus plate.