Tuesday 14 September 2021

The Gruffalo Cake

 I blogged a few days ago about The Gruffalo Cookbook, a cookbook made for children and their parents so they can cook together. Or for children so they can ask their parents to cook something from them. Which is what happened on Wolfie's birthday: he asked me to bake a Gruffalo cake. I did it and I think the result isn't half bad. It looks like a Gruffalo, only slightly deformed, but then again, I don't think Gruffalos are meant to look neat and symmetrical. Anyway, the cake itself is a bit too dry, but the icing is yummy nand I am surprised at how well the marzipan mixes with the rest, so it was a success. And Wolfie loved it anyway.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Outstanding job, Guillaume!

Lady M said...

It is fabulous - great job and Happy Birthday to Wolfie.