Wednesday 22 September 2021

All Hail Autumnal Equinox

Well, nobody can deny it now: we are the equinox, so however you want to split it, autumn is here. For me it starts with September, but some people want summer to overstay its welcome and make it last until, well, today. So I wanted to find an image to celebrate today and I found this meme, which isboth hilarious and represents everything I am feeling about right now: Halloween is getting closer and I'm feeling spooky. I don't know which artist draw this image, but I want to find him or her.This is just so deliciously spooky, with its Pagan imagery and the Jack O'Lantern as a sort of living idol greeting his children. If there is a scary story associated with this picture, I want to read it. If there is none, somebody please write one! On a side note, that might be a challenge for our countdown to Halloween.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

for me it starts at 3:21 this afternoon. i celebrate mabon for 48 hours though.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy First Day of Fall!