Thursday 16 September 2021

The family's rowan tree

My dad sent me a few pictures tonight, including some of the family's rowan tree. I blogged about it before. When its fruits get fiery red like this, it means that autumn is here, or at least near. I love rowan trees for other reasons, many linked to the one of our childhood. It is situated at the faraway corner of our garden, at the meeting point of two pathways longing the swimming pool. That part of the garden was therefore often used as a secret hideout in many of our games. This rowan tree often felt magical (kind of fitting given the significance in folklore), especially in autumn when it had all these fiery colours. I often miss our big family garden, these days most of all. I hope I can show this tree to Wolfie, although it is more difficult to access it now. Maybe I should buy a rowan for our own garden.

No comments: