Tuesday 2 November 2010

In search of a character

Recently, I have learned a bit more on the acting course I am going to take. Basically, it is based on "rehearsed reading" (first time I heard about that one) and I will have to find my character's natural speaking voice, hold their thoughts, etc. I played characters before, their voice came naturally to me, but I don't know how easy it will be in a foreign language and if indeed I will not have to change perspective totally on how to get this voice. I never had much acting method in the past, only a fairly good instinct. But becoming someone else is easier to do than one thinks.

It is starting tomorrow. I can barely wait.

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oooh....how exciting! I didn't realize it began so soon. I bet you are excited too. Well be sure to report in and share your thoughts. I hope you totally dig it...what fun it will be for you! :o)

Mozart's Girl said...

Hi Guillaume,

Wow! Acting is one thing I've always wanted to try but haven't! Have a wonderful time today and enjoy. I've enjoyed catching up with your posts since i've been home. xo Rachel