Wednesday 22 November 2017

Anthony Burgess, In Memoriam

Some people remember what they were doing when they learned about the murder of JFK, some people remember when they learned about the death of Princess Diana, I remember vividly when I learned about the death of Anthony Burgess. I was with my brother PJ picking up our neighbours to go to school, their TV was on, and on the news they announced that the author of A Clockwork Orange had died. I had discovered the movie a few months before and had read the novel a few weeks ago, within a day, as I couldn't put it down. I felt very sad learning about it, knowing that I had just discovered my favourite writer. I started reading his other books, and never looked back since. So Anthony Burgess died on the 22nd of November 1993. 2017 is the 100th anniversary of his birth. I often blogged about him over the years, I did it more extensively this year. I will do more until the year ends. Until then, I commemorate his departure.

No comments: