Friday 26 July 2013

What's with the ants?

The title of this post is a question I have been asking myself today, as they are, well, everywhere. You know, those ants that have wings like flies, and they just go out at some point in the summer, when it is hot and dry, and they fly around, and crawl on the ground, and get stuck on your clothes and you step on them and it makes a dry sound when you squash them. And of course you cannot avoid them completely, because there are so many. It used to know why the winged ants are all around like this. I don't remember now. So please enlight me. It just struck me today, all those ants.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Ce sont les jeunes femelles et les jeunes mâles qui quittent les fourmillières pour s'accoupler et 1) fonder de nouvelles fourmillières pour les nouvelles reines 2) mourir post-coitum pour les mâles. Évidemment, un bon paquet des deux va se faire manger avant l'exécution entière de ce plan.

Gwen Buchanan said...

This is really Funny!!!

Guillaume said...

@PJ-Je me rappelais que c'était pour des fins de reproduction, je ne me rappelais pas des détails.
@Gwen-My post, or the ants?