Thursday 3 December 2020

'Tis the season to be reading

When Christmas is coming, it is time for me to read books for the season and to share them here. I read new ones every year, but I also try to revisit old ones. I blogged before about Christmas Days by Jeanette Winterson. In recent years, it has been my non crime fiction Yuletide discovery and I really enjoyed it. It has a lot to enjoy in it: compelling stories and for each story and day of Christmas, a recipe, none of which I have tried. I was thinking about reading some of it this year, maybe try one recipe, but remembered that last Christmas I left it at my parents' place for my brother Andrews's girlfriend to read. What a freaking genius. I guess I could buy a new copy, like the paperback edition, which has a gorgeous cover, far better than the one I have/had (see pic here, sent by a friend of mine). But I don't think my wife would like it: she thought that I managed to finally get rid of a book that was cramming the place. Well, at least I still have a lot to read, to discover and rediscover 'Tis the season to be reading, after all.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have you ever considered switching to e-books? They're cheaper to buy and take up no space to store.