Friday 29 November 2019

A bookshop window on Black Friday

My readers know that Wallingford is one of my favourite English towns and that one of the reasons why I love it so much is that it has its own independent bookshop, aptly and simply named the Wallingford Bookshop. They published today on social media this picture of their window. It looks like the perfect place for Christmas shopping. They said on their Twitter account that it is the antithesis of Black Friday: "a warm, welcoming(...), with real smiles and real knowledge." I love this way of thinking. I tend to avoid Black Friday like the plague, but I wish I had been there today. I could have bought a book or three without feeling like succumbing to consumerism.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the cat painted on their window!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oh i wish i could go in there. it's perfect!