Saturday 9 November 2019

Wolfie the gift unwrapper

It was recently my wife's birthday and it made discover a new way in which our life changed since we became parents. So when it was time for my wife to unwrap her presents, and by this I mean Wolfie insisted first thing in the morning that her present had to be unwrapped, he decided to "help" his mummy. By helping, I mean that he did the job himself, pretty much. That was nice, but then Wolfie thought the gifts were his. Including and especially a drink holder I bought to keep the coffee mugs stable on the armrest of our sofa. Apparently, that was the coolest thing ever and Wolfie did not want his mummy to use it. He kept saying: "this is mine, mine, mine". Sometimes with a cheeky grin, sometimes with a sad expression, what his mother called his "bottom lip". Either way, he was adorable. In any case, I think it shows again that when you have children, every event is all about them.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"when you have children, every event is all about them" -- just like cats.