Sunday 3 November 2019

Bonfire Spiced Latte

Here is a quick anecdote about English culture. We went a couple of weeks ago to our local Costa, which is quite a nice little place, in spite of being just a Costa Coffee shop. My wife likes to take seasonal drinks, so she ordered a Bonfire Spiced Latte. Apparently it is an old Costa classic. It struck me then that this was what the English found typically "seasonal": for them, the most quintessential autumnal event is Bonfire Night. It is quite ironic, as from what I could see on their website, it is no longer on the Costa now. They have already put up their Christmas menu. So come Bonfire Night, my wife might not be able to watch the fireworks sipping a Bonfire Spiced Latte. Personally, I don't want, I don't drink coffee in any variety. But it's still quite funny.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

Happy Guy Fawkes Night tomorrow - I hope you do some celebrating.