Wednesday 27 November 2019

Of mice and cats

I took this picture in the Natural History Museum and I am uploading it here as it suits my topic. It was a display representingsomething like the relation between animals and men in the food chain. A stuffed cat and stuffed rats, in what was meant to be a basement or an attic, full of bags of grain. The rats eat the grain gathered by men, the cat eats the rats, thus serving men, etc. I blogged about it here. This weekend, Domino created quite a commotion by bringing a mouse home. It was not the first time he did such a thing, but this time the mouse was alive. Our cat had decided to have a play with it in the living room. Long story short, I managed to move Domi away and save the mouse. But it really freaked me out, as I hate rodents. So whatever I said then about how great cats are for getting rid of vermin, I don't have this opinion anymore, unless they have the courtesy to kill their prey.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Mais c'est pour que le reste de la famille, qui est franchement nulle à la chasse aux souris, apprenne à chasser les souris avec des proies pré-attrapées. Domino rend service à sa communauté comme ça.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maybe Domino was trying to teach Wolfie to be a mouser.