Sunday 10 August 2014

Autumnal wind?

Maybe it is wishful thinking from my part. But today in the afternoon, after a few bits of pouring rain, the wind started blowing like crazy. A cool wind, not like those summer ones, one that I would consider autumnal. It smelled of a coming autumn too. When I was a child, I used to dread that end of summer feel that I often had in August, when the looming autumn was showing signs such as this wind. When summer seemed to shy away. Now I welcome it, as I have grown to love autumn. There is still two thirds of the month to get through, but I do think it was a wind announcing autumn.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

yay!!!!!

Guillaume said...

Yay indeed, if I am not mistaken.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh my...there is nothing quite as magical as that fist 'Autumn Wind'! Ours comes later, but you are right in that it is unmistakable, and for me...so very welcome and very exciting!