Sunday 15 April 2012

Autumn days in April

April 2012 is such a sharp contrast with April 2011, where it was de facto summertime. Today, just like the last week or so, it was cold and windy. It is sometimes overcast, but even sunny like today it is cold. April is a treacherous month, it can really go either way. If it was not for the blossoming trees and flowers, I would think it is autumn. In fact, if it does not look like autumn, it feels like autumn, much more than it did last year. It is true that last year's seasons were schizophrenic: heatwaves in spring, a cool summer, a summery autumn, it was everywhere.

So instead of craving light summery food, I am in the mood for hearty meals (fish pie tonight) and dark ales. I had one last week, Milkwood, a Welsh beer, which was delicious and fitted the temperature perfectly. I don't want to turn this blog into a food and drinks blog, I mean I have enough of the sandwich treat every Friday, but I thought I would mention the beer and upload an image of its label here. Because it fits the day too.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I've turned the heat back on, it's incredibly cold in Paris