Wednesday 9 July 2008

Rome dramatised

I guess I'm in an Italian mood these days. Anyway, it's raining outside, so there isn't much to do. After my job hunt (which might bear fruits soon, stay tune), I spend time reading and watching the tv series Rome. I absolutely love it. I told you about it a few months ago. Now, I am almost through the first season. I haven't been disappointed. Yes, it's not perfectly historically acurate, but no historical drama ever is. The tone is acurate, and in the end that's all it matters: we believe we are watching history. What I particularly like about the series is the way the actors (all perfectly cast) are so natural playing these larger than life real people. Ciaran Hinds is still magnificent as Caesar. Sadly, I won't see him for much longer.

1 comment:

Bettina said...

I have seen several "versions" of Julius Caesar and in my opinion Ciarán Hinds was the best choice. But we can't change the history that he is longer in this series