Tuesday 8 July 2008

Tu Vuo Fa l'Americano

Here is a clip from The Talented Mr Ripley, a movie I absolutely love. And yes, Cate Blanchett is in it, but that's not the only reason. It's a brilliant psychological thriller, a beautiful period piece, in a gorgeous setting, a setting that actually fits the plot. I know they are very good actors, however I have never been a big fan of Matt Damon, Jude Law or Gwyneth Paltrow (she stole her Oscar in 1999, stole it I tell you!), but they surpass themselves and all play brilliantly. That's a brilliant movie. Anyway, if you like Italian songs (I do, sometimes), you have to appreciate the mélange des genres here. Anyway, here it is:

2 comments:

holly wynne said...

Awesome! I LOVE this movie, and I know very few other people who do. I knew we had something in common :).

Guillaume said...

It has its share of admirers, but it sure is an underrated movie, which is a shame.