Monday 1 August 2022

About August

Today is the first of August. I guess everybody noticed. I used to dislike August: the month of end of summer melancholy, the end of holidays when I was a kid. It is not the first time I blogged about it. Now I consider it a prelude to autumn, so I have learned to appreciate it, to my surprise. Yes, I still feel the melancholy, but it is mixed with a certain anticipation and impatience. I excitedly look for signs of autumn around me and I truly start preparing myself for Halloween. So August is still a bittersweet month, but thankfully no longer a painful month. I have learned to live with and to appreciate my August melancholy, if you will. What about you?

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i just put up another fall post so, as you can guess, i can't wait for august to be over!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You'll like my post today, Guillaume!