Thursday 11 August 2022

A girl named Autumn

During our time in the Isle of Wight, we went to Amazon World, a rescue centre for exotic animals (we visited plenty during our holiday), which also has lots of special activities for kids. Wolfie loved it. Among them, there was a sand square with "dinosaur bones", where kid could make "fossil excavations". Wolfie played there for a while, alone but for a little blonde girl about his age, kind of tomboyish I think, who was very into excavations. They got on like a house on fire. They were very cute playing together and digging these bones like a team. I took the liberty to ask for her name and she said: "I'm Autumn".  I looked at my wife, as if destiny had manifested itself: here might be Wolfie's future wife. No, I jest of course, but I think she has such a beautiful and that original name, for one, and hearing it reminded me of the season to come. I did not dare to give her mother, who was watching her, our contact details, just in case they don't live too far (you never know) and I feel like we might have missed an opportunity for the development of a beautiful friendship. (On a side note, it might remind you of a scene in a certain romcom, but more of that in another post, maybe.)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Keen to marry Wolfie off already, are you?

Guillaume said...

No, but when he does, I hope it'll be with someone with a cool personality and an original name. One of our friends who is a mother of four told us Wolfie will be a good husband because he's patient. We suspect she wants him to marry one of her three daughters.