Tuesday 19 July 2016

Domino the hunter

I thought maybe you might like a bit of of feline blogging tonight. This picture was taken in the old place, a little bit less than a month ago. There was a pigeon who was flying loudly, like all stupid pigeons do (I really don't like pigeons), and landed on the roof just as noisily. Flap, flap, flap, fat pigeon flying, flap and bang, there it is on the roof. Hearing it, our cat jumped by the window and kept his eyes on the pigeon, staring at it with something akin to blood lust. You think I'm exaggerating, but look at his face in the picture! Moments like this, my wife, who is a vegetarian, is happy we keep him inside, while I feel guilty. Cats are vicious killers, I know my cat is anyway, yet they are so irresistibly cute.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Most cats I've known were killers but they would not eat their prey ... I thought it was pretty cruel! Akira does not care much about other animals, unless they are in the steak form.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i often look at my dinner the same way.