Monday 22 February 2010

New Mondays

This was my first "new" Monday today, by that I mean the first Monday when I did not have to go to work but am still working. Mondays are morose by nature, whether you work or not: they always feel like Mondays, to me anyway. I am now in the awkward position of working, but not in one of the worst days of the week (with Wednesday?). I was getting fed up with my Monday job, so that it is over is a good thing, although I will miss some people. For a few months, I was in the awful position of working only Mondays, which was probably the worst case scenario: not much work, the little I did was at the worst day. Now, I don't have the Monday feeling, even though the temperature was rainy and miserable. I did not have that feeling of walking to my doom, if that makes sense. I hope the new Mondays will always be like this. Still, I hope they don't last too long, as I do want a full-time job.

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

As I read this post, the Mama's and the Papa's "Monday, Monday" came flooding through my mind...ha!

I hate Mondays because it means that the weekend is positively OVER!
Boo Hiss!