Wednesday 8 October 2008

A look at the bookshelves

Here are some pictures I took today of the bookshelves here. Fascinating things, bookshelves, it tells a lot about a person or a household if you take a look at them. I don't have many books here, if you compare to what I had in Montreal where I had loads of bookshelves, but it is still good, especially since I will slowly get back at least the essential books from Montreal, which are stashed at my parent's house. All in all, with what I gained through my studies (I was never keen on borrowing books, so I bought loads) and my hobbies, I probably have enough for a small local library. That said, the collection I have here is not bad at all. It is, however, a bit messy, as there is not nearly enough room on the small bookshelves for my already growing collection. Most of them have been read already, and there are quite a few that belong to my wife. You can probably notice the Anthony Burgess books (of course) and many, many crime novels.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Books are some of the best friends... Always there and usually never disappointing.. I liked seeing yours...

I always feel somewhat sad when I go into a house with no bookshelves.. something missing!