Monday 14 July 2008

A clown going to a funeral

I went to a job interview today. Not really my thing, but I need to work, so I gave it my best. It was quite hot outside, and I was wearing a heavy suit. I don't like wearing a suit except for a big evening, it's just not like me. It's uncomfortable and if I walk a lot (like I did) my feet are literally killing me. I especially dislike it on a hot day, when you feel like you are dry like a Sun-Maid raisin, or a sun-dried tomato. My face was red when I got back, so I guess I looked a bit like a clown going to a funeral. I sure felt like one. There is just something clownish about wearing a suit in a hot day.

2 comments:

Eugenie said...

It's a good time to invest in a warm-weather suit. It's not enough to have just one for cold weather, and being overdressed at an interview will also make you look weird.

Guillaume said...

The thing is, I don't think my suit is a cold weather suit. The jacket is not thick and the rest is light. I wore it for weddings and so on and I never looked weird in it.