Tuesday 27 February 2024

"Nordic Noir"

 I stumbled on an article in Forbes today: Nordic Noir: 5 Must-Read Crime Novels Set in Norway. I don't know if I ever heard the term "Nordic Noir", but I love it and this is now the word of the day. I have read very little Scandinavian crime fiction, in fact I think I only read one book. I know, I know, this is borderline shameful. It is ironic, because, although I have never been to Norway, I love a lot of things Scandinavian and Scandinavia in general is a great setting for Noir crime fiction. Therefore, I will check if these five titles and their authors are available in the local bookshop next time I go there. And if you have any recommendations for Scandinavian crime fiction (or crime fiction in general), please leave them in the comments.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I have a friend of Swedish descent who adores Nordic Noir (both novels and TV series/films made from them). Thanks to her, I've seen some excellent Nordic Noir series. Anyway, I'll send her this Forbes link in case it lists something she hasn't already read. Thanks!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oooo, thanks for the tip!