Wednesday 7 February 2024

An observation about full fat milk

A couple of days ago, we made a food order. We rarely o to the shops anymore for groceries, except for quick top ups. My wife buys stuff online, it gets delivered to us, that's it. And we started doing it way before the pandemic. We just did it more often once the pandemic happened. Anyway, in the order, there was a substitute we did not notice: full fat milk instead of sem-skimmed milk. My wife only drinks semi-skimmed, but we kept it anyway, because I am okay to drink full fat milk. ButI hadn't done for a few years. So when I tried it again, it came as a shock. It really tastes of cream. So that was my observation. I drank full fat milk and really, it is like drinking cream, isn't it? Your thoughts in the comments.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't had full fat milk in decades. I usually drink skim. But I bake with 2% milk for the higher fat content.

Alison said...

We almost always get home delivery for groceries too. I know what you mean about full fat milk. I've been drinking 2% for as long as I can remember and I find the FF version really weird tasting now.