Tuesday 1 August 2023

Observations about August

It is the first of August today, my apologies for stating the obvious. At every start of the month, I generally muse about it on the blog. So August has started. I used to really dislike August, only because of the blues it gave me, but not anymore. I made peace with it, although I still feel a bit of melancholy when August comes. But it is more due to a sort of impatience. I mentioned it last year. August is a transitional month, being set between the heart of summertime and the beginnning of autumn. As a month, it can go either way: still summery or almost autumnal. I hope it will be the latter. In any case, I am longing for autumn and have started looking for its signs, which I will share here. August is also the time of the countdown to the countdown to Hallowen. I can't put decorations up as of yet, but I am getting into a Halloween mood. So watch this space, the blog should get more and more autumnal as well as spookier as the days go on.

No comments: