Friday 18 August 2023

Adders in Bucks

Here is a bit of news that might be useful to some of you: a higher number of adders has been sighted in Buckinghamshire. Enough so that the RSPCA has issued a warning to down walkers. If you go in long grass, an adder might be hiding there. As you may know, especially if you have been following this blog, adders are the only poisinous snakes in the UK. Dangerous animals, such as venomous snakes, both frighten me and fascinate me. So I get a bit of a shiver of excitement reading about this... shall we say resurgence of adders? That said, I will of course remain careful when we walk. Especially since the article reminds us that there has been recently incidents of snake bites.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nothing good is ever in long grass.

Lady M said...

Awesome - I love venomous snakes.