Tuesday 15 August 2023

New Sign of Halloween

I got so very happy from our last shopping trip to Asda. Which is ironic, because of all the shopping centre, it might be the one that I dislike the most. And I really hate shopping. But my wife pointed out a few autumnal items, like candles and cushions, and also this throw. With a winged cat, bats, a pumpkin... This is the first genuine Halloween thing on sale I have seen this year. Well except the Reese's Jack O's, but I'm sure that was old stock. It should not surprise me: Asda is owned by Wal-Mart after all. For the record, I didn't buy it. We were in a rush and I'm not sure I like it enough. Nevertheless, it's nice to see a new sign of Halloween.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

the amount of halloween that is carried in stores this year is unlike anything i have ever seen before. america is crazy for halloween.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't noticed any Halloween merch yet but then I haven't been in a lot of stores lately.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, I was in some stores this afternoon and yes, Halloween merch is out! I bought a 2024 Sarah Andersen daytimer agenda. I share your fondness for her cartoons. It comes with a sheet of stickers based on her cartoon art. I won't be using the stickers. Instead of just throwing them out, I'll send the sheet to you if you could use them somewhere or another. If you want them, just leave a comment on my blog with your address (as you know, my comments are moderated so I will not publish it and only I will see it) and I'll mail them off to you.