Sunday 19 February 2023

Gyros (and a great unknown line)

Sometimes, we feel too lazy to cook. And sometimes we buy our meals from a food van. Which is what we did yesterday for dinner.We bought a gyros with halloumi in it. My wife had been curious about the stand so we decided that we'd try it. Also, we have a thing for all things Greek, see this post if you are wondering why. The gyros was okay, nothing great, but the staff was friendly and, from what I could tell, authentically Greek. It is because of our interaction with them that I wanted to blog about the whole experience. When I asked if I could pay the old fashioned way in cash, the cook replied: "Certainly, you can pay by cash, card or even bitcoins if you'd like." I thought it was funny and it deserves to be a great unknown line. Gotta love Mediterranean humour.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I pay for EVERYTHING with bitcoin, lol!