Friday 24 February 2023

Shanklin Train Station

I took this picture during one of our bus trips to or back from one of the attractions of the Isle of Wight. We went through Shanklin, but we did not stop there, to my wife's chagrin. She thought it looked like a nice seaside town. But I noticed its train station. I have a thing for quaint railway stations, I often find them full of charm and atmosphere. For me stopping at one of them, especially during a holiday, is an event in itself. Sadly we did not travel from this station, so I could not appreciate it. For all I know on the inside it might have been run down, ugly and dirty. Nevertheless, I thought its exterior was nice enough to be worth this snapshot.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like old train stations too. There are so few left in Western Canada now. The ones that survived are now community buildings with restaurants, galleries and gift shops in them, mostly.