Tuesday 21 February 2023

Monopoly Tokens

I found this meme online a few days ago and it got me thinking about the classic board game Monopoly. Maybe the most popular board game in history. It has never been my favourite board game, but it is one I often played through my childhood, with my friends and my brothers, although I was never very good at it. I don't remember winning once. That said, the meme got me thinking. My favourite Monopoly token has always been the top hat. I think I always played with it, at least when we used the original version. Not sure why, maybe because I found it fitting for a game where you played a businessman in a suit. In fact, of all the tokens it's the only one I genuinely like. And you, which one is your favourite and why?

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I was partial to the Scottie dog, the car or the wheelbarrow. They have personality!

Lady M said...

the shoe!