Thursday 16 February 2023

Scenic train journeys

 Thanks to internet algorithms, I stumbled a few days ago on this article, about "Nine of the Most Beautiful and Affordable Journeys Around the World". It reminded me (although I did not really need to be reminded) that a journey can be a holiday in itself. Especially if one travels by train, still my favourite means of transport. I have been dreaming of a holiday that would consist of a train journey and I would love to try all of the ones listed in this article. The nearest one is probably the one between Glasgow and Mallaig, but I'm particularly curious about the Zermatt to St. Moritz one. There's just something about Swiss mountains that catches my attention. But before planning anything, I would need to convince the rest of the family. Wolfie would be easy. My wife, not so much.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I love train travel too and prefer it to flying or driving. If you don't already, may I suggest following The Man In Seat 61. He is Youtuber who travels all over by train. His videos are chatter-free and very interesting to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/@seat61