Tuesday 5 July 2022

"Grow Your Own Pumpkins!"

We went to a special school fête a couple of weeks ago. It was a very hot day, far too hot for my taste. We did some voluntary work, to help Wolfie's school get financing for special activities and so on. When we had a minute, Wolfie and I went to explore the various stands and we found this one: they had a proper Halloween stand, in the middle of June. It made my day. They were selling pumpkin seed I think, as well as instructions on how to grow them. I was already growing pumpkins at home, as you may remember. Alas, they got eaten by slugs, to my chagrin. So will have to buy them this year. On the positive side, this was the very first sign of Halloween this year.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

sorry about your pumpkins, damn slugs. As of today, the countdown to fall begins!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh no! Eaten by slugs? Disaster!