Monday 12 September 2011

Alone in a crowd

Maybe it is because I have been listening to The Sound of Silence a little bit too often recently, but I keep having these words I used to describe the song yesterday, that it was "about solitude in a crowd". I have this feeling from time to time, sometimes it is stronger than usual. I felt like this last Friday on the way back home in the train, when it was overcrowded with Friday commuters. I felt it again today. I have no social life to speak of since the end of my last acting class, yet I don't crave it right now. I feel like a hermit, a monk or a bear. Maybe it's autumn coming, I don't know, but I do feel slightly asocial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as your cave is stocked with good books, cheese, bread and ale I see nothing wrong with hibernating for a bit. Solitude is glorious sometimes and recharges the batteries. Nothing wrong with it at all.