Monday 9 March 2009

Big fluffy felines

Well, it was my first day of work today, as I said here, but I do not want to neglect blogging, especially since this blog has been fairly quiet these days. This weekend, we went to my wife's goddaughter's birthday party. The hostess (my wife's cousin) has those two gigantic cats with long fur (see the picture above), which I felt in love with right away. They were just quiet and sociable, not wary of the children who could stroke them as if they were big teddy bears. I have to say, I do prefer leaner, more "feline" shaped and even a bit feral cats. I often have the impression that cats are little tigers, these ones were more like overfed lions. That said, I am always a cat lover, so I was happy to be in the presence of some. I could have spend the day stroking them. Any cat is good for company. Actually, cats make for the best company: they are quiet, beautiful and, when they deem you worthy of their love, are full of quiet, contained affection.

4 comments:

Frankofile said...

They are lovely. But they also torture small creatures :-(

Guillaume said...

Well, depending of the small creatures (you know the ones I am thinking of), I don't really mind. When it comes to cats, I will take beauty over goodness. And of course a cat does not have to be ethical.

Lindsey said...

No animal deserves to suffer, I agree with Frankofile on this one. Don't let Horace and Hermes hear you saying such things!

Gwen Buchanan said...

They are creatures of quite an independent streak, don't you think.. lovely though and so soft... It does one good to stroke that softness.. takes the stress away...