Monday 2 March 2009

Those two treacherous months ahead

So it is March since yesterday. It means that, although it is still technically winter, Spring is on its way. For me, just like Autumn starts with the first day of September, Spring really starts with March and ends with the last day of May. So you probably presume that I am a happy man right now, but I am not the most enthusiastic fan of Spring, not of the first two months ahead anyway. Although I was born in April, although we are entering the time leading to Easter, although it is only two weeks or a bit more until Saint Patrick's Day, I find March and April deceitful and malicious. Springtime might be the time when daylight comes back and when temperature gets warmer, but it is also the time when the weather changes quite a lot. I don't dislike Spring, I just don't trust it. I celebrated my birthday in days that almost looked like Summertime, in some others that looked like cold January. Same goes with Saint Patrick's Day or Easter. One just cannot trust it, in England or in Québec. So although I cannot wait for Summertime, I am dreading the two months ahead. Those two treacherous, untrustworthy, two-face months.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

In New Brunswick too!!
You have expressed my sentiments exactly,, and much more poetically!!!