So I blogged last month about Man on Fire. It's a Netflix spy thriller series freely adapted from a novel by A.J. Quinnell. The book was also made into a movie about twenty years ago. Anyway, I finished watching the series and, while I don't think it's the greatest TV series of its genre, I was thoroughly entertained and it was solid. And I suspect (and hope) there will be more of it. Like many spy thrillers based on a novel, they decided to carry on the story when the source material finishes. Man on Fire ends with a sequel hook. So I guess if the series is a success (I have no idea how popular it is, streaming can be tricky), there will be more seasons commissioned. I sure hope so.
Sunday, 12 July 2026
More Man on Fire?
Labels:
A.J. Quinnell,
books,
Brazil,
Brésil,
film,
livre,
livres,
Man on Fire,
movie,
spy fiction,
téléséries,
tv series
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I know of the movie Man on Fire, with Denzel Washington, but had no idea it was also a series.
I haven't watched the series but as the above commenter said, I've watched the Denzel Washingtom movie of the same name.
I will have to see if we have that serie available on Netflix here. I have spent the last couple weeks watching Silo again in preparation for the last season. Have you seen it? Such a great show (also based on a book). Cheers. ~Nessa
Post a Comment