Something interesting happened last week during my Thriller Writing Course in the library: as we were discussing about, well, thrillers, an elderly man from the group a few tables away came and kindly asked us to be quieter, as they had difficulties to hear themselves. I thought we were fairly quiet, but anyway. We were very polite and told him we would be careful. We chit chatted briefly, and it turned out they are the Italian speaking group I blogged about in September 2024. So I took the opportunity to speak a few words of Italian, little I knew. The elderly gentleman was really impressed. Apparently I have a great pronunciation and accent. I even managed to converse with him in Italian, albeit it was a pretty basic chat. So I am thinking maybe I should meet that group, even though my Italian is basic. Practice makes perfect and I haven't practised in a long while.
Log Cabin Quilt Top
2 months ago


1 comment:
I LOVE the Italian language! We went two weeks through Tuscany with a group of East Germans in 2015 - it was wonderful! In 1999 I saw the movie "Life is Beautiful" in Broome, Australia and it came in Italian. I thought, gahhh, now I have to read through the whole movie!!! But after under a minute my brain was tricked as I don´t speak Italian.
I tried the same with Louis de Funès-movies, but as I speak a bit French still my brain was not to be tricked - it could not decide between listening and reading when I gave up and put in subtitles. I ended up watching in German. Gosh, that man spoke fast!!! And he was a genius! So much has come true! Just think of "L’aile ou la cuisse"..!
Post a Comment