Monday 6 May 2024

The crocodile of Cholesbury

A little bit of creepy local news which caught my attention today: the police was asked to capture a crocodile that had been sighted in the village of Cholesbury. Fortunately, or disappointingly, the crocodile turned out to be a plastic toy. So it was an hoax. All the same, this is the stuff that urban legend are made of. Or village legends. I did not dare to hope that someone had brought illegally a crocodile in this country (it happens), kept it as a pet, then released him. Oh well. I think I might come off with some interesting story out of it. On a side note, my remembers might remember that I blogged about Cholesbury before, in August 2023. It's the second time this village catches my attention. I think fate is telling me to visit it.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Choldesbury sounds like a "happening kind of place!"