Saturday 4 May 2024

More on the new Amadeus

 I blogged last month about a new adaptation of Amadeus by Peter Shaffer, this time as a TV series. For someone like me who is a fan of the film, the play and, well, of Mozart as well, that's great news. I am cautiously optimistic about the project. Casting seems to be going well and they found their Constanze Mozart. Or Stanzie, as she is often called in the play. Welsh actress Gabrielle Creevy will play the part. I don't know her, at least I don't remember seeing her in anything, but I think she looks the part. I really cannot wait to watch it. Patience, patience.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The article says they've cast Will Sharpe as Mozart, another actor I'm not familiar with. Apparently he was recently on White Lotus though which I know is a well regarded series.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i can't wait! i think gabrielle creevy looks the part too!