Saturday 11 May 2024

Northern Lights

I was thinking of blogging about another topic today, but something came up which I thought was too good not to mention here. Anyway, I took this picture last night. You can identify an aurora, more commonly known here as northern lights. They were very visible last night. I remember seeing them as a child, one night, I remember it vividly, my father had showed them to me. I don't remember seeing them afterwards. Anyway, these were not so easily seen, the camera really brought the contrast, even though I'm a lousy photographer.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, it was a spectacular light show all over the northern hemisphere last night (and New Zealand, I heard). I can't stay up late enough any more to see the northern lights. I'd have to leave the city and drive out to darker rural areas to see them. How nice to step outside into the garden to see the show! That's how it was when I was a kid in a small prairie town. No light pollution then. I saw the Northern Lights many times. The last time I saw them was about 30 years ago.

Alison said...

I’ve seen them before and missed them last night. I’m going to see if I can see them tonight. Threads has loads of posts with people’s photos on from last night. That solar flare really did the job!