Sunday 19 May 2024

The Boys' Night In

 Yesterday evening, my wife went out with some friends. She rarely does that and I think she needed it. But that means Wolfie and I spend the evening in. We had, in effect, a boys' night in, the first proper one in months, I believe. I think our last one was in March. It went as it always does: we have pizza dinner, we watch a movie on Netflix. That's about it. We are very lazy, but we enjoy it tremendously. That's the advantage of being a father of a cheeky little boy: he allows you to live a second childhood. I know I said it time and again, but it's still true. So Yes, I am looking forward to the next night in, whenever that may be.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i think you should call yourselves 'the boys of the night'. it sounds so mysterious!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It can be difficult being the only female in an all-male household so a regular "girls night out" is a necessity!