Wednesday 6 December 2023

I missed Krampus Night

I learned yesterday that it was Krampus Night, a night dedicated to, well, Krampus, the Christmas baddie, enemy or at least adversary of Santa Claus. I understand this is a relatively new thing, maybe I'm wrong, but anyway, I am not sure if I will properly celebrate it, since I observe something else on the 5th of December and it has all my attention. But I thought I would mention its existence here. I love Krampus, it shows a more sinister side to Christmas. I wished I had knownhim when I was a child.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

krampus is becoming very popular here.it's so warm here and i am quite sure we don't have a chance of snow for xmas.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Put it on your calendar for next year! Celebrate Mozart's birthday instead of his death. Boom, problem solved.

Alison said...

Just mark December 5th as Krampusnacht. December 6th is St Nicholas Day which I forgot this year.