Tuesday 6 December 2022

A wreath in a Brio box

This weekend, Wolfie and I started building what he calls "Christmas City", basically use a lot of toys, among them a lot of Brio train set, to make a town around the Christmas tree. He got this idea from his Christmastime with grand-papa and grand-maman, as we have a proper Christmas village at home at the foot of the tree. But Wolfie has huge ambitions, so he build a city. So anyway, he told me: "Daddy, daddy, we need the Brio Christmas wreaths for Christmas City. They are in the Brio box." (This is a new Wolfism, by the way). Problem is, this is the Brio box we have. So I was looking for a needle in a haystack.

Be that as it may, I did not get discouraged. Because I also wanted the wreaths. We have two, one green, one white, which Wolfie got from his Brio Advent calendars. As this year he did not want a Brio calendar, we had to find the wreaths of old, not being able to just wait for new ones to show up. Anyway, of course this is a daddy's job (anything games or toys related in this household is pretty much a daddy's job). But in the end, after methodically emptying the content of said box, I found both wreaths. I'm quite proud of myself. So this is how I spent my Saturday morning, but at least Christmas City has its wreaths.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Time well spent, I'd say!