Wednesday 21 December 2022

A Storm for Christmas

 'Tis the season to be watching and I surprised myself in that regard recently. I wanted to watch something Christmassee but not silly and stumbled upon A Storm for Christmas, a Netflix miniseries. It is set in Oslo airport right before Christmas, when a snowstorm forces the flights to be cancelled and the passengers to be stranded. It follows an ensemble cast of characters who must face their own demons through the crisis that the storm brings. I started watching it not expecting much (it is usually the case when I watch something on Netflix) and I think I fund my ew Christmas classic. Julestorm, as it is called in Norwegian is touching without ever going soppy, people earn their happy endings, although for some they are bittersweet. I finished it today after binging it.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i will watch this on your recommendation! thanks!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds good!