Saturday 10 December 2022

The Prose Edda

'Tis the season to be reading and I haven't blogged all that much about, well, literary Christmas. I haven't really made one suggestion this year. Well, I have prepared myself to read and reread a lot this Christmas and one book on the list is The Prose Edda by Snorri Sturluson. That's right, I am going Viking this Christmas. Again. Because yeah, we owe the Norse so much of the imagery and the rituals of Christmas, I always love to go back to its most Pagan roots and ennjoy it as Yuletide. So far, I have only explored the Edda indirectly, through adaptations or works inspired by it. This year I will go for the real thing.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy reading! If I ever make it to Iceland, I'd like to visit Snorri Sturluson's farm, which is apparently a tourist destination.