Monday 21 June 2021

Highs and Lows of Summertime

Yesterday was the summer solstice, according to some sources. But I read other sources, including the Wikipedia entry, saying it is today. Good, because I pretty much missed it yesterday, being Father's Day and all. But in fact, it feels like summer missed solstice this year: after a week or so of hot weather, temperatures dropped dramatically and last weekend I had to wear long sleeves shirt to be warm enough. It is still the case today, as they are forecasting the highest teperatures to be 14 degrees. In June. On the day of the solstice. Because it has been mostly cloudy these last few days, the days don't feel like the longest of the year. So summer might be passing smoothly, at least for a while, which I can't complain about. I prefer low to high temperatures and I love when the sun goes down earlier rather than later.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i think solstice was right after midnight so officially...today! i am right there with you on temperatures. it is supposed to be very fall-like tomorrow and i can't wait!