Sunday 7 June 2009

A Whale Of A Tale

In order to shamelessly use the pictures we took at the London aquarium (since they go so well with they go so well with the background of this blog), I have decided to put here a song from the movie 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I already blogged about the movie. As a child, I used to love the song. I always liked Kirk Douglas, he was maybe more a charismatic actor than a great actor, but what a presence he had (and I guess has still). He was perfect to play the action man and he also had a perfect voice for this kind of song, raspy like one could believe a sailor man would get after spending months breathing the salty air above the ocean. I am in need of a holiday. My job is getting boring and one of the colleagues I mentioned recently is getting increasingly difficult. Until then, I have this song.

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

This is a great song. It was on a Disney Classics CD that I used to play for my daughter when she was a toddler. And at Disney World, they have a lighted boat parade at night, and they play a synthesized instrumental version of it when the whale float lights up. It's one of our favorite things to do when we camp at Disney...to go down to the lake around 9:00pm and watch the boat parade from the beach. But in spite of all of that, I had no idea that the song was from the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie, because I don't recall having ever seen it before. We rode the 20,000 Leagues submarine ride when they still had it at the Magic Kingdom, but I've never seen the movie. Learn something new every day...thanks for sharing! :o)