Saturday 13 June 2009

Way Down In The Hole

I am discovering with pleasure The Wire these days. Great crime show, great characters, great story, great atmosphere, I will, I promise, blog about it one day. It made me discover a song by Tom Waits, Way Down In The Hole, which is used in the opening credits. I don't know much about Tom Waits, if anything at all, but I really love the tone of this song. I don't want this blog to be all happy and cheerful all the time, blogging about blossoming trees and summertime and so on. Sometimes, I need a healthy dose of profanity, of bitter beer, gloomy fiction and overall cynicism. I might not walk the streets of Baltimore, I still come from a city even Raymond Chandler deemed as highly corrupted. But in the end, I put the song here because I love it.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi....thanks for stopping by my blog! tom waits is fabulous. there really is no one else quite like him!!! you should check out more of his music. i have been a big tom waits fan for a long time. i think i have one of his songs on my playlist. stop back when you have time!